Dr. John Shaw collection - Series 3 Local Histories

Dates of Creation

    [ca. 1895, ca. 1965]; Photocopied 1987?

Physical Description

    .005 m. of textual records

Administrative History

    [no administrative history available]

Scope and Content

    This series contains photocopies of two short local histories which Dr. Shaw appears to have collected while he was working on the Gaelic field recording project. These include a booklet celebrating the Strathalbyn Jubilee (ca. 1895) and a handwritten transcription (ca. 1965) of John Neil MacDonald’s “History of Brown’s Creek” (originally written ca. 1900).

Source of Title

    Title based on the contents of the series

Finding Aid

    NO FURTHER FINDING AID AVAILABLE